Masco Corporation Lead - Swing Shift Doors Line in Tualatin, Oregon
Milgard Windows and Doors is GROWING and lots of work is available! Our award-winning windows are used by Home Builders and sold at large window retailers like Home Depot and Lowe’s. Join us and be a part of a team that helps make BEAUTIFUL windows that will be the pride of someone's home!
We are looking for candidates that are ready for:
Hands-on hard work
Working in a team environment
Production Workers are the heart and soul of our company and help to make ALL TYPES of windows. Learn how to create window frames, insert glass units, conduct quality inspections, wrap and complete our award-winning windows.
This is a fast-paced job where quality and safety play a key role. We are looking for candidates who pay attention to detail and who can work safely at a steady pace 8-12 hours a day on their feet. Overtime is mandatory. Any construction, manufacturing or painting background is ideal.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Lead directs and assists in the work activities of department employees. The Lead performs a variety of manufacturing assignments, the majority of which involves filling in where needed. The Lead performs the job tasks, as needed and depending upon department, of all positions within his/her department. The Lead position requires seasonal availability for a seven day workweek (8-12 hours per day) and ability to work any shift.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with Shift Supervisor in the assignment and supervision of personnel in order to achieve an efficient operation at all times.
• Assists his personnel in analyzing and correcting problems encountered in job assignments in order to perform work according to standard operating procedures.
• Assist Shift Supervisor to see that all manufacturing orders are followed through properly to completion and are filled out properly prior to turning in.
• Provide orderly and efficient changeover to next shift Lead.
• Pick up and deliver to the department or line (when possible) equipment required from the shop or tool crib.
• Organize and schedule work assignments to achieve maximum efficiency and meet processing objectives.
• Keep informed of changes and new procedures in manufacturing operations.
• Reflect Milgard business values and Milgard Philosophy in all business interactions
• Ensure safety of personnel and compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned or duties may change based on business needs.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
• Oversees department employees depending upon department and shift
• Thorough working knowledge of all operating areas of his/her respective department
• Knowledge of delivery operations, distribution legalities and employee management
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred
• Read, write and understand the English language
• Compute basic math problems involving fractions, addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
• Possess mechanical aptitude
• Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
• Ability to motivate personnel
• Excellent customer service skills
• Work performed in a warehouse type facility
Lead - Swing Shift Doors Line
Full or Part Time:
State / Province:
Milgard is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Milgard is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English , Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English , Spanish
Milgard Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected status as a veteran, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.