Masco Corporation Window Installer in Sacramento, California
INDOW INSTALLERS NEEDED FOR THE SACRAMENTO AREA!!!
Do you enjoy construction work and working with your hands? Do you have a keen eye for detail and enjoy seeing your handy work completed and beautiful? Then this may be the job for YOU!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
A Milgard Window Installer is responsible for installing Milgard windows and doors at customers’ locations, which are predominantly new home constructions sites. An employee in the Installation Department performs a variety of installation assignments and requires seasonal availability for a seven day workweek (8-12 hours per day) and ability to work any shift. The work is performed outdoors and is subject to seasonal weather conditions.
WHY WORK FOR MILGARD?
Milgard's philosophy involves being a positive influence in the lives of our employees, customers and the community at large. We provide employees with a safe work environment, training, benefits and a bonus structure. Milgard strives to develop innovative products and provide excellent customer service. Moreover, Milgard prides itself in giving back to the community by contributing to charitable organizations and volunteering in our communities.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Measure provided frame openings in order to locate windows respective of house plans.
• Install windows and doors into rough openings, knowing how to adjust for plumb, level and square
• Identify faulty window components and perform general window adjustments
• Repair or replace glass and window products
• Adhere to safety policies and procedures related to all facets of job.
• Proper usage of personal protective equipment.
• May operate a Company vehicle in accordance with Company policies and State and Federal laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned or duties may change based on business needs.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
• Previous glazing and/or window experience highly desired.
• Previous work with hand tools, such as hammers, drills, measuring tape, screw drivers.
• High school diploma or GED
• Valid Driver’s license for State of employment
• Clean Department of Motor Vehicle record
• Learn product lines in order to install and/or repair products in the field
• Able to compute basic math problems involving fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
• Mechanical aptitude and ability to read a tape measure
• Good hand eye coordination and the ability to discern colors
• Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work in, and promote, a team environment
• Ability to lift 100 pounds
• Ability to work at higher altitudes (2nd story homes)
Milgard does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. Milgard is an at-will employer.
Full or Part Time:
State / Province:
Milgard is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Milgard is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English , Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English , Spanish
Milgard Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected status as a veteran, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.