Masco Corporation Hub Store Sales Specialist - Hayward, CA #1017 in Hayward, California
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
· Prospect new Pro business within the store with continuous follow-up to drive additional sales.
· Manage on-going Contractor and THD relationships. Advise and train customers of products / brands, including proper usage, features, and benefits that are best for the project.
· Focus on customer service by ensuring that service standards are maintained and customer issues are quickly and efficiently resolved. Facilitate will-call services in conjunction with ProDesk Associates.
· Manage the delivery of products to customer sites. Maintain an understanding of local market operations based on selling habits and customer base to increase sales.
· Ensure customer orders meet all specifications. Conduct paint and/or stain color matching and making product recommendations to customers (Dot Cards Maintenance) and be the resident Color Matching expert to ensure color accuracy. Point person for Behr Pro Reps and Pro Contractors’ needs and inquiries.
· Maintain current knowledge of inventory levels, adjust inventory as needed to support on-going jobs with THD and/or in store rep to make any inventory adjustments.
· Expedite the resolution of customer problems/complaints which may include coordination with the Technical Services Team.
· Promote sundry items to complement paint products
· Collaborate with all appropriate departments (Sales, Marketing, Distribution, Customer Service, etc.) to meet and exceed sales goals and report information as necessary.
· Ensure paperwork and delivery documents are properly executed, including managing and maintaining Contractor’s files, jobs, colors, and projects.
· Achieve sales plan with month to month budget review.
· Abide by all company policies and procedures and maintain a safe and ethical work environment
High School or equivalent
Related sales and/or customer service experience and/or training in a commercial coatings environment Sales, retail, or customer service experience with previous experience in a paint store or big box retail store
Ability to follow oral or written instructions; read and acknowledge completion of work orders
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Knowledge of MSA Office Suites and/or software applications related to job functions
Ability to speak Spanish (in certain geographic regions) may be required.
Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written or verbal form
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to communicate with vendors on company products Knowledge of architectural coatings
Strong selling, networking and relationship building skills
Ability to work effectively across functions to achieve desired customer satisfaction goals
Strong problem-solving skills
Exceptional Negotiation skills
Experience in Construction Trade a plus
Experience in Salesforce CRM or similar system
Ability to adapt approach and style to achieve account objectives
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to lift 75 lbs. on a routine basis
Hub Store Sales Specialist - Hayward, CA #1017
Full or Part Time:
State / Province:
Masco Coatings Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Masco Coatings Group is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English , Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English , Spanish
Masco Coatings Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected status as a veteran, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.