Masco Corporation Production Supervisor in Duncanville, Texas
Masco Cabinetry has an immediate opening for a Production Supervisor in our Duncanville, TX location!
Masco Cabinetry manufactures three nationally recognized cabinetry brands, KraftMaid®, Merillat® and QualityCabinets®, and the DeNova™ countertop brand. Offering an unmatched selection of stylish, high-quality products at a variety of price levels, Masco Cabinetry brands are favored by builders, dealers, distributors and home centers throughout North America. A leader in environmental stewardship, Masco Cabinetry products have been granted an Environmental Stewardship Program certificate by the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible and accountable for providing leadership in assigned department to achieve departmental and plant business objectives.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assign and coordinate work, assist with employee selection, review employee performance, resolve employee issues and administer company policies in assigned department.
• Coordinate and direct the activities of the department to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality and promoting safety, plant housekeeping and employee morale.
• Ensure all job-related accidents or injuries are reported and documented by those responsible, and take appropriate corrective action in an expeditious manner.
• Recommend equipment upgrades, staffing adjustments, and process modifications.
• Inspect product to verify product standards and specifications are met.
• Provide technical and behavioral coaching and development to employees.
• Manage and drive departmental performance measures articulated in the Manufacturing Operating System (MOS), including visual controls and provide regular progress reports to management.
• Track absenteeism and timekeeping in Kronos.
• Participate in continuous improvement projects to reduce material and labor costs.
• Accountable for all aspects of ISO 14001/QMS compliance within assigned area.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated successful ability to lead people and get results through others.
• Successful experience in employee training and development including that of peers and subordinates.
• Experience with measurement of performance to goals and standards.
• Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
• Quality orientation and attention to detail.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated successful ability to prioritize and multi-task various and conflicting responsibilities.
• Demonstrated successful ability to build positive partnerships and work collaboratively with cross-functional business teams.
• Able to routinely lift 40 lbs.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• 1-2 years supervisory experience.
• Experience with manufacturing software systems.
• Continuous improvement training such as Six Sigma or Kaizen.
• Lean Manufacturing knowledge.
• Ability to speak and understand the Spanish language.
• Exposure to systems controls such as ISO 140001.
• Green Belt Certification or comparable problem solving certification.
Masco Cabinetry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Masco Cabinetry does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regards to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. Masco Cabinetry is an at will employer.
Full or Part Time:
State / Province:
Masco Cabinetry is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Masco Cabinetry is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English , Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English , Spanish
Masco Cabinetry is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected status as a veteran, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.